Here’s the Hunt we used during Catholic Schools Week. I got some great help from this website – http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/games.html – and used the New American translation of the Bible. Have fun!!
Rules and Instructions:
1. Read the Bible verses and fill in the missing words to find out what object you will be looking for. If you don’t know the answer, you can look it up in your Bible.
2. The object you are looking for may be only part of the missing word. For example, the missing word may be boxes. If the “es” on boxes is filled in and not part of the blank line ( _____es), you should only look for the missing part of the word, which would be only one box.
3. The object you are looking for may be a combination of two missing words from two different Bible verses.
4. Also, the missing word or object to be found in the verse does not have to be taken literally (exactly how it is used in the verse). For example, the word could be frog, which is referring to a real live frog, but you could use a picture of a frog. However, you may not draw the picture yourself. You cannot create the objects. You must find them already created.
5. You will need to take a picture of the object.
6. You do not have to find the objects in chronological order.
The team that finds the most objects at the end of 30 minutes wins!
Bible Scavenger Hunt
1. ___ Then, staff in hand, David selected five ______ _______from the wadi and put them in the pocket of his shepherd’s bag. With his sling also ready to hand, he approached the Philistine. (1 Samuel 17:40)
2. ____ In the evening the dove came back to him, and there in its bill was a plucked-off olive _______! So Noah knew that the waters had lessened on the earth. (Gen. 8:11)
3. ____ He paid attention to them, expecting to receive something from them. Peter said, “I have neither silver nor______, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, (rise and) walk.” (Acts 3:5-6)
4. ____ For the protection of wisdom is as the protection of __________; and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of its owner. (Ecclesiates 7:12)
5. _____ LORD, who may abide in your tent? Who may dwell on your holy mountain?Whoever walks without blame, doing what is right, speaking truth from the ______ (Ps. 15:1-2)
6. ____ But you will receive power when the holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the _______.”
7. _____ Here, then, in their thirst for _______, the people grumbled against Moses, saying, “Why did you ever make us leave Egypt? Was it just to have us die here of thirst with our children and our livestock? (Exodus 17:3)
8. _____ Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth vegetation: every kind of plant that bears seed and every kind of fruit tree on earth that bears fruit with its ______in it.” (Gen. 1:11)
9. _____ Then taking the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, he said the blessing over them, broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the crowd.
They all ate and were satisfied. And when the leftover fragments were picked up, they filled twelve wicker __________. (Luke 9:16-17)
10. ____ When the time of her delivery came, there were twins in her womb. The first to emerge was reddish, and his whole body was like a ______y mantle; so they named him Esau. (Gen. 25:24-25)
11. ____ The man said: “This one, at last, is _______ of my bones and flesh of my flesh; This one shall be called ‘woman,’ for out of ‘her man’ this one has been taken.” (Gen. 2:23)
12. ______ Though the grass withers and the _______wilts, the word of our God stands forever. (Isa. 40:8)
13. ______ So Delilah took new ropes and bound him with them. Then she said to him, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson!” For there were men lying in wait in the chamber. But he snapped them off his arms like __________. (Judge 16:12)
14. ____ I am the vine, you are the _________. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)
15. _____ (Jesus) said to them, “There is no need for them to go away; give them some food yourselves.” But they said to him, “Five loaves and two _______are all we have here.” (Matt 14:16-17)
16. _____Aaron stretched out his hand over the _______ of Egypt, and the frogs came up and covered the land of Egypt. (Exodus 8:2)
17. _____ “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his ______ at its rising and have come to do him homage.” (Matt. 2:2)
18. _____ God said, “Come no nearer! Remove the _______ from your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground. (Exodus 3:5)
19. _____ When the camels had finished drinking, the man took out a gold ring weighing half a shekel, which he fastened on her nose, and two gold __________weighing ten shekels, which he put on her wrists. (Gen. 24:22)
20. ______ It was now about noon and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon because of an eclipse of the _______. Then the veil of the temple was torn down the middle. (Luke 23:44-45)
21. _____ The ________________ asked the woman, “Did God really tell you not to eat from any of the trees in the garden?” (Gen. 3:1)
22. _____ For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the _____________will be opened. (Matt 7:8)
23. _____There was a vessel filled with common wine.* So they put a ______ soaked in wine on a sprig of hyssop and put it up to his mouth. (John 19:29)
24. _____ Can you with him spread out the firmament of the skies, hard as a molten ____________? ( Job 37:18)
25. _____Suddenly the angel of the Lord stood by him and a light shone in the cell. He tapped Peter on the side and awakened him, saying, “Get up quickly.” The_________ fell from his wrists. (Acts 12:7)
26. _____One of them, a woman named Lydia, a dealer in ___________, from the city of Thyatira, a worshiper of God,* listened, and the Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what Paul was saying. (Act 16:14)
27. ______You are the __________ of the earth. (Matt 5:13)
28. ______Enter through the narrow ___________;* for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many. (Matt. 7:13)
29. ______Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a __________stand, where it gives light to all in the house. (Matt 5:15
30. ______ You need simply ___________; the punishment of the wicked you will see. (Ps 91:8)